Assigning barcodes to batches has many benefits. One benefit is quick and easy batch look-up. Users will be able to scan or search for a barcode in Artemis and the batch profile will pull up instantly. This will help with food safety traceability allowing users to easily re-trace the lifecycle of a batch and see all the data associated with it's profile. Users can also use barcodes to easily move batches into new zones.
Assigning a barcode when seeding a batch:
- Click on Tasks tab in the navigation menu.
- Find the seed task and check it off.
- In the popup window, click the Barcodes sub tab.
- Put the cursor in the field and scan the barcode (or type it in the barcode ID) and then click Add.
- Click Save.
To associate multiple barcodes with this batch, simply repeat this process.To un-associate a barcode that has already been associated with this batch, click the dumpster button to the right of the barcode id.
Note: On mobile, users can engage the barcode scanner to associate barcodes to crops. Otherwise, users will need to manually type the barcode ID into the popup field.
From a Batch Profile Page:
- Click on the barcode icon located in the upper right corner (right to the left of the Harvest button).
2. Type the desired barcode ID into the Add New Barcode field.
3. Click the Add button
It will show the barcode that was just added with the option of scanning another barcode beneath it. If users want to associate multiple barcodes with this batch, simply repeat this process.
If users want to un-associate a barcode that has already associated with this batch, click the dumpster to the right of the barcode ID.