Users are able to scan or search for a barcode in Artemis and the batch profile will pull up instantly. This will help with food safety traceability allowing users to easily re-trace the lifecycle of a batch and see all the data associated with it's profile. Users can also use barcodes to easily move batches into new zones.
Assigning a barcode when Starting a batch:
- Step 1: For a prescheduled batch, click on Tasks tab in the navigation menu. For an ad hoc batch, click the Planning tab in the navigation menu.
- Step 2: For prescheduled, find the Start task and check it off. For ad hoc, find the template and click the green Start Now button
- Step 3: Find the barcode section (towards the bottom of the start window) and put the cursor in the field and scan or type in the barcode.
- Step 4: Click the green Save Batch button.
From a Batch Profile Page:
- Step 1: Click on the barcode icon located in the upper right corner (right to the left of the green Harvest /Finish button).
- Step 2: Scan or type the desired barcode ID into the Add New Barcode field.
- Step 3: Click the green Add button
- To associate multiple barcodes with this batch, simply repeat this process. To un-associate a barcode that has already been associated with this batch, click the dumpster button to the right of the barcode id.
- On mobile, users can engage the barcode scanner to associate barcodes to crops. Otherwise, users will need to manually type the barcode ID into the popup field.