In Artemis, resources are used to link different stages and templates together. Examples include tying several different types of batches including Raw Materials to Cultivation, Mothers to Clone, and Cultivation to Post-Harvest, and several Post-Harvest into one single Post-Harvest. There are several benefits to using resources to tie different batches together including:
- Tracking different workflows separately instead of trying fit them into one template
- Full traceability through entire production chain
- Yield and reporting metrics on generated outputs
To Set Up New Resources:
Step 1: Hover over your username and click Settings
Step 2: In the left menu, click the Resource Units button in the Organization group. You'll see all of the resources grouped by Variety (to create a new variety, click here).
Step 3: Find the specific variety that you'd like to create a resource for, either by scrolling down or searching in the search bar. As a note, you should create the resource on the item that will be generating that resource. In other words, where you'll add that resource as an output.
Step 4: Click the + Add Variety Resource Unit and fill out the four fields
- Type: Weight and Volume will help to set standard units. Count allows for flexibility in how to set and measure the resource.
- Unit: This will be your primary method of measure for the resource. If Weight or Volume are selected for Type, you'll have metric or imperial options in this dropdown. If you select Count, this is an open field.
- Additional Info: This field modifies the Unit field. If you have several similar types of weight resources, you will use this field to differentiate those resources. For example, with Grams of Wet Weight and Grams of Dry Weight, Grams will be the Unit for both resources. Wet Weight and Dry Weight will be the Additional Info that differentiates the two resources.
- Decimals: set this for the number of decimal units displayed. If you want round numbers, set this field to 0
Step 5 (Optional): the Duplicate button can speed up creating similar types of resources on one variety
Once you have created your resources, you're ready to add them to your templates. Click here to learn more.